Our first Wed Drop-in session
About the event
Photo by Mohamed Hassan on Pixabay
We held our first Wednesday Drop-in session on 17 February 2021.
We kicked off the series with an overview of the Venture Capital Investment Model Agreement (VIMA) suite of documents.
We chatted about:
1. what the suite of documents contains;
2. what each document in the suite does in the overall fundraising process; and
3. what other documents you might need for a fundraising.
We had a wealth of practical experience on the call including from:
- an accelerator veteran,
- a biotech/medtech commercialisation adviser,
- start-up founders,
- a Swiss/French lawyer, and
- a litigator.
Some tips from participants:
1. do your due diligence and get to know the investor before adding them to your cap table;
2. be careful not to have too large a cap table before the larger fundraisings;
3. NDAs may not always be used for VC deals but in the biotech/medtech space they are more likely to be important and accepted.
Join us for our next Wednesday Drop-in sessions focusing on:
- The VIMA term sheet – Wednesday 10 March 2021 – sign up here;
- A brief overview of the VIMA shareholders’ agreement – Wednesday 24 March 2021 – watch out this space for sign up details.