We had fun speaking about ‘forming a partnership’ on Thursday with fellow panellist Farhana Siddiqui and Yong Yong Chia, moderated by Samson Leo.
It turned out to be a wide-ranging session! While ‘partnership’ has a technical meaning for lawyers, non-lawyers have a broader understanding of ‘partnership’ being people they might collaborate with, including employees, contractors, consultants, fellow shareholders or business partners and other businesses.
Watch a replay here on facebook.
Our thanks to Asia Law Network, LadyBoss and Withers Khattar Wong for organising the session.
Read more on our analysis of the NVCA, BVCA and AVCAL model shareholder agreements including on:
- similarities in board and shareholder control provisions – 3 key control concepts for a SHA
- similarities in transfer of shares provisions – 5 key concepts on transferring shares under a SHA
- different options for board control provisions – 5 key options for board provisions in a SHA
- different options for pre-emptives on transfers – 5 key options for pre-emptives on transfers in a SHA
You may also be interested in our thoughts on:
- Singapore model shareholder agreement set – VC model documents for Singapore
- choosing a template agreement – 6 tips for picking a template agreement